1. Listen to Bear Came Along
2. What animals did you see on the last page by the waterfall? (Hint: pause the video at 3:30 to see the illustration)
3. Imagine we are adding one more page to this story. Choose one animal that they meet as they are going down the river together. Create that page! Draw the animal joining bear and his friends and write the words that would go on that page.
For example: The Raccoons didn't know to be careful until...fish jumped in!
1. Listen to Crown: An Ode to the Fresh Cut
2. Last week we read Bad Case of the Stripes which had the moral "Be yourself." This week's story is all about gaining self confidence. Brainstorm what makes you feel confident. Do you feel really good when you get a new haircut? Maybe you feel confident when you're all dressed up, or when someone gives you a compliment, or when a friend or family member notices you being successful.
3. Pay it forward -- think of one way you can make someone else feel confident and go do it!
Here are just a few ideas (but you can think of your own!):
- Plan a night for everyone in your family to get dressed up for dinner and feel fancy
- Help a sibling do their hair in a fun way that they love
- Call a friend and tell them something you really like about them